Partners in Birth with Sarah Evans
About the workshop
This class is designed to help the birthing person and her support person learn coping techniques and non-verbal communication during the labor process.
- Partner assisted yoga-based postures to support, to ease sensation during contractions, and to create a more harmonious birth experience
- Breathing techniques to ease strong birth sensations and to keep calm
- Deep listening skills to keep mother and partner connected during birth
- Essential oils for relaxation and birth challenges
- Understanding the rhythm and ritual of birth
Price: $75 per couple
Sarah began her yoga journey in 1998. After being an avid Hatha student for a few years, she craved deeper study and became a registered yoga instructor. She was specifically interested in the study of prenatal yoga.
Sarah’s family history was sprinkled with pregnancy loss. As Sarah and her husband embarked on creating a family, she wanted to learn everything she could to support her body and spirit from preconception through a healthy pregnancy. Thankfully she overcame her family’s struggles and had two healthy babies. She believes that part of that success can be attributed to her yogic awareness.
Because her own pregnancies were so powerfully influenced by her practice, she was drawn to share yoga’s transformative effects with mothers-to-be. She became certified to teach both prenatal and postnatal classes, to support mothers and their babies. She is very passionate about creating a community of support and self care as women transition into the beautiful path of motherhood.
She has been voted Best Prenatal Yoga Instructor at the Austin Birth Awards. She is certified through the Yoga Alliance as an experienced 500 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT).
Find her full schedule and other offerings by following her on http://www.motheryoga.com.