Flow Yoga Re-opening
May 21, 2020
I hope you and your family are healthy and safe.
This will be a long update so bear with me.
We’ve been working non stop since this whole pandemic started a little over 2 months ago and we used this time to take on quite a bit!
We have been doing everything we can to adapt, innovate, and keep our live stream classes running at a high quality to keep providing yoga to our community.
We are so appreciative of your patience and support while making the transition to online classes, we know it is a completely different experience and although this platform has kept us all sane, we all miss the in person experience -teaching to a camera is a bit weird 🙂
As much as we miss seeing y’all in the studios we also want to make sure that we have all the safety measures and procedures in place for opening back up.
This will take some adapting, patience and understanding as we will slowly move into what feels “normal” again. We are also working with each instructor individually to make sure they are teaching within their comfort level and whether they are ready for students in their classes.
Re-opening the studios
- We will be opening one studio at a time starting with Flow Yoga Westgate this Saturday 5/23/2020.
- The other studios will have a staggered opening depending on how things go at Westgate and in the city in general.
- For now, classes will have a cap at 25% capacity to follow state guidelines. We will follow the state’s plan for safely reopening and will increase our capacity when allowed.
- Due to the small class sizes, there will be a fee for last minute cancellations or no-shows.
Process for in-person classes
- YOU MUST pre-register for classes through the website or app.
When you arrive for your class – safely say ‘hello’ to check in with our front desk staff and go to the room to set up
- To help control traffic, please enter through the main entrance (which will be open), but after class completes, exit through the classroom door.
- You will wear your shoes to the entrance of the yoga room. Take them off and bring them and your personal belongings in the room and set them near your mat.
- We ask that you please wear a mask in all of the common areas (lobby, halls, bathrooms) but you can remove your mask once on your mat.
- The floors will be marked for mats to help everyone maintain +6ft distance.
- The live streaming and on demand options will continue
As always the studios are cleaned and disinfected between each and every class.
- For now, we will not have props available, but you can bring your own.
Flow Yoga Anderson will be the next location to open once we finish some repairs. For Flow Cedar Park, we are focusing 100% on completing the new studio build we started. We are aiming to open the new location in the next several weeks. This new studio will be twice as large as the old location with showers, heated and non heated rooms and so much more. Cedar Park Yogis can practice in all the other locations as well – the drive is not so bad 🙂
Again, thank you so much for your support during all this. These past few months have been incredibly hard. We have yet to receive any federal assistance and most of our staff are independent contractors, so if we ever do receive that assistance it will be very small. It has meant everything to us that many of you are still coming to class and we are able to keep paying our staff and instructors.
We ask for you to continue supporting us as a small local business by:
- Continuing your membership – we’ll be one of the first studios in the city to open if you are ready for that, and our live and on-demand options remain one of the largest available. You know you need yoga, and we’ve got you covered!
- Buy a gift card to redeem in the future or to give to a friend.
- Consider making a donation to continue supporting our teachers and staff or sponsoring one of our community projects.
We hope to see each of you in the studio over the next few months, we miss you so much. Whenever you feel comfortable enough to come practice in person again, we’ll be ready to welcome you.
If you have any questions, we’d love to hear from you.
Love and light,
Carolina & Fennis
Owners, Flow Yoga